Friday, January 31, 2014

The Fell Glendywr

Said Bilebroke, to his Cousin Snotspur, of the Fell Glendywr:


Thou dost belie him, Shmercy, thou dost belie him;
He never did encounter with Glendywr:
I tell thee,
He durst as well have met the devil alone
As Owyn Glendywr for an enemy.



Said the Fell Glendywr to Laird Bilebroke:


Cousin, of many men
I do not bear these crossings. Give me leave
To tell you once again that at my birth
The front of heaven was full of fiery shapes,
The goats ran from the mountains, and the herds
Were strangely clamorous to the frighted fields.



These signs have mark'd me extraordinary;
And all the courses of my life do show
I am not in the roll of common men.
And bring him out that is but woman's son
Can trace me in the tedious ways of art
And hold me pace in deep experiments.



I can call spirits from the vasty deep;

Why, I can teach you, cousin, to command
The devil.



Hope you enjoyed that little bit of fluff, words courtesy of Wyllyame Shakkspyre. One of my favorite plays, that (I got to play Bolingbroke in college). Hence the hommage.

You should also know that I've posted the .xcf template file for these character cards. If you'd like to make your own, just click the link to download. These are editable in GIMP which is also free and available to download. I don't know if other editing software can do the same thing. If you'd like another format, then leave a comment below and I'll see what I can do.

Don't feel like commenting yourself? Command the devil to do it for you.




1 comment :

  1. You've really found some models that fit your style Matt, Those Olley scrunts are really pleasant to see with your PJ on.
    Hope to see them bash some orc camp or anything to have some action, character cards are meant to be played , aren't they?

    ReplyDelete